Company Registry Search in Hong Kong – All Entrepreneurs Must Know
Entrepreneurs come from all over the world to set up a company in Hong Kong. For this purpose, a Hong Kong company search (com search) or business registration search Hong Kong is often necessary to provide more information and insight into the companies you may intend to do business with. A company registry search (co search) is conducted with the Hong Kong Companies Registry. The HK company search can be conducted online, as the Registry does provide online search services on all the companies and businesses registered in Hong Kong. Online Hong Kong company registry searches can be conducted using the Cyber Search Centre of the Registry where you will find information pertaining to the company status, date of incorporation, registered address, details of the directors and company secretary and more. For more information, please refer to How to Verify a Company in Hong Kong?
How to Conduct a Hong Kong Company Search
To conduct a Hong Kong company registry search in Hong Kong (HK company search), what you will be provided with is a search report which confirms the existence of the company as well as the details of the company in question. A Hong Kong (HK) company search report (com search report) will include the following information:
- The full English name of the company
- Any previous names that your company might have had, including the date which it was effective from
- The Chinese name of your company (if applicable and filed)
- The type of company
- The date of incorporation of your company
- Your company registration number
- What the current legal status of your company is
- The register of charges
- The details of the company’s directors (including Chinese name and the date they were appointed)
- The address of the company director
- The registered office address of your Hong Kong company
- The shareholder details
- The Company Secretary details
- The details of the share capital
- A copy of your business’s latest annual returns filed (if applicable). The Hong Kong Companies Ordinance requires all locally incorporated companies to file their annual returns.
- A list of the company documents which you have filed with the Hong Kong Registry over the last 3 years
Any Hong Kong company search (co search) which has filed their annual returns will have the following information included:
- Date of filing with the Hong Kong Companies Registry
- Date annual return was signed by the Company Secretary and Company Director
- The details of the shareholders (name, current shareholding number, number of shares transferred from last annual return)
- The details of the presenters (name, address, telephone number, email)
The timeframe for this process will be within 2 to 3 working days. The Hong Kong company name search or Hong Kong company registry search will be sent as a PDF document.
How to Obtain a Certificate of Good Standing
If you would require a Certificate of Good Standing from the Companies Registrar, a professional services firm like 3E Accounting will be able to assist. The purpose of the certificate is to confirm the continued legal existence of your company and that it has complied with the necessary administrative requirements.
Why Choose 3E Accounting
3E Accounting has years of experience and expertise in the company secretary. As such, we are familiar with the company registry and business registration search Hong Kong (co search), and HK company search process, having dealt with the Hong Kong Companies registry before. We can make your business registration search Hong Kong (com search) a hassle-free process, saving you valuable time instead.