Things You Need to Know About Employment Visa Application Services in Hong Kong
3E Accounting Hong Kong can provide services that help with employment visa applications in Hong Kong. Employment visas are required for non-Hong Kong residents who want to work either as an employee or as an investor in a company in Hong Kong.
Package Fee for Employment Visa Application Services
|Packages Available||Fee (HKD)|
|Working Visa Application||HK$6,000 per employee|
Eligibility for Employment Visa in Hong Kong
To be eligible for an employment visa in Hong Kong, the applicant company that is sponsoring the prospective employee has to demonstrate that the employee has special skills, knowledge or experience that is not readily available in Hong Kong.
The Immigration Department will also look at the following criteria:
- He/she possesses extensive knowledge and experience in their field.
- He/she is highly professionally qualified.
- He/she possesses specialized knowledge that is indispensable to the company in Hong Kong.
- Works of the individual will be to the general benefit of Hong Kong.
- Whether he/she is beneficial the business of the employer and will aid in Hong Kong’s economy, trade and industry.
- Whether the proposed applicant is indispensable to that business.
- Whether a local or resident worker is not able to fill the position.
Required Documents for Employment Visa
The applicant themselves should be able to provide the following documents:
- Application form for the entry for employment as professionals in Hong Kong.
- The applicant’s recent photograph.
- Photocopy of a valid travel document or identity card containing personal particulars, date of issue, date of expiry and/or details of any re-entry visa held (if applicable).
- Applicants who are currently staying in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) can provide a photocopy of his/her valid travel document page containing relevant details of their stay in Hong Kong.
- Photocopy of their academic qualifications and relevant work experiences.
The company sponsoring the applicant must be able to provide the following documents:
- Application form for employing professionals in Hong Kong.
- Photocopy of the company’s employment contract and/or letter of appointment to the applicant with information about the job role, salaries, other fringe benefits and employment periods.
- Photocopy of the company’s Business Registration Certificate.
- Photocopy of any proof of financial standing (e.g. latest audited financial report, trading profit and loss account, or profit tax return).
- Documents with details of company background such as business activities, mode of operation, product ranges, sources and markets, membership of chamber of commerce (if any), etc.
- Companies that have been newly set-up in the past 12 months should provide a detailed business plan (e.g. information on the source of funds, estimated capital injection, nature/mode of business activities, expected turnover, sales volume, gross and net profit in the coming years, and proposed creation of local job posts, etc.)
It will normally take four weeks for the Immigration Department to process visa/entry permit applications upon receipt of a submission for all the required documents. Approval of applications is entirely discretionary and is subject to changes in government policies. It should also be noted that the Department reserves the right to refuse any application even if the application meets all eligibility criteria.