This post is also available in: 繁體中文 (Chinese (Traditional)) 简体中文 (Chinese (Simplified))
Work Permit and Work Pass Application Process in Hong Kong
The work permit and work pass application in Hong Kong is a fairly straightforward process. Here at 3E Accounting, we specialise in getting it done for you.
Package Fee for Work Permit and Work Pass Application Services
|Packages Available||Fee (HKD)|
|Working Visa Application||HK$6,000 per employee|
What Is the Work Permit and Work Pass About?
In Hong Kong, there is a special work permit required to hire skilled foreign employees. It is called the Employment for Professionals work permit. To be eligible, you must:
- Have the relevant qualifications
- Hold special skills, valuable experience and knowledge that is not readily available in the country.
The good thing about this work permit and work pass application in Hong Kong is that there is no quota. This means there is no limit. Every applicant will be assessed based on your eligibility.
The permit is valid for one year and renewable.
To be eligible for the Employment for Professionals work permit and work pass application, you must meet the following conditions:
- No criminal records.
- No security objections.
- Good educational background (at least one undergraduate degree preferable in a relevant field). Technical qualifications are accepted.
- There must be a genuine vacancy in the company employing you.
- Secure a confirmation of employment. The job offer must match your qualifications.
- Remuneration package must be in line with Hong Kong’s prevailing market standards.
What Documents Do I Need?
To apply for this work permit, you will need the following documents:
- A complete Employment Visa Application for.
- Copy of your passport details page.
- Copy of your Hong Kong identity card (if applicable)
- Proof of your overseas residence.
- Proof of academic qualifications or relevant work experience.
What to Expect
It takes about two to three months for this work permit and works pass application in Hong Kong to be approved. If you are successful, you will be given a Visa/Entry Permit label. This will be given by the Immigration Department. You must collect this in person from the immigration office. If you cannot, you need to authorise a representative on your behalf.
This permit must be attached to your passport. It will be presented to the Immigration Officer when you arrive in Hong Kong. Applying for renewal must be done at least four weeks before expiry. Your renewal application will only be considered if you meet the eligibility criteria.
Are You Ready to Launch Your Application?
Ready to apply for your Employment for Professionals work permit? Contact our friendly team to find out about our work permit and work pass application in Hong Kong services.