Securing A Hong Kong Office Address As Registered Office Address in Hong Kong
Package Fees for Registered Address Services
|Packages Available||Fee (HKD) / Each Entity|
|Registered Office Address Services for business entity @||HK$1,000 per year|
|Mail Forwarding Services *||Actual postage will be reimbursed + HK$10 service fee for each forwarding|
@ You must subscribe to our annual secretarial service for your company
* For mailing / courier arrangement (Min HK$500 Mail Courier Deposit is Required)
* For open and scan letter services upon request, it is free of charges. (unlimited scanning)
* For collection of letter(s)/parcel(s) from 3E’s office, please bring along your identification documents such as Hong Kong ID, driving licence, passport, etc. for identity verification purposes. If the person who will be collecting the letter(s)/parcel(s) is not a director of the Company but an authorized personnel, please present to us an authorization letter signed by a director before we could release the letter(s)/parcel(s) to the authorized person. In any event if 3E is not able to verify the identity of the person collecting the letter(s)/parcel(s), 3E may make the best effort to try other means such as contacting the director via phone call, email or other tele-communication means for the purpose. If any of such verification fails, 3E shall have the right to reject the attempted collection.
* Approval must be obtained for any bulky items / parcels (especially it is more than 3 kg) to be sent to the registered address. Daily handling fee and storage fee is applied.
Registered Office Address is a Statutory Requirement
According to the Companies Ordinance of Hong Kong, it is a statutory requirement that all Hong Kong companies must have a Registered Office Address in Hong Kong to which all communications and government notices may be addressed.
A Hong Kong company is also required to displays its name and liability status in legible characters at its Registered Office and every business venue. The company name so positioned should be easily seen by any visitor to the Registered Office or business venue.
Can I Use Residential Address as Hong Kong Company Registered Office Address?
In Hong Kong, the Registered Office Address does not necessarily be the place where the company conducts its business activities. Hence, it is common that companies usually sign up for registered office address services from its secretarial agent.
The Hong Kong Office Address or Registered Office Address is not limited to a commercial address. Residential address could also be accepted as the Registered Office Address. However, residential premises will have to comply with regulations that are not for commercial use including the disclosure requirement for a company to displays continuously its registered name in legible characters. If the residential address is rented, it is important to take note if the terms in the tenancy agreement allow its usage as a registered office address. The residential address must also be able to receive all communications and notices during business hours.
If residential address is used as the registered address and is not the place where the registers and company records are kept, an additional form (Notice of Location of Registers and Company Records) must be submitted to the Companies Registry and to always update the Companies Registry separately everytime there is a change in the location of registers and company records and/or a change in the Registered Office Address.
Therefore, the Companies Registry strongly recommends a company to use a commercial address as its registered address in order for the company to fulfil all obligatory requirement.
What Else Do You Need to Know about Registered Office Address?
Although all Hong Kong companies must have a Registered Office in Hong Kong, the Registered Office address does not necessarily to be the same place where the company conducts its business activities.
3E Accounting fully understand the setup and maintenance costs of a physical office in an international business center like Hong Kong is substantial and would be costing some companies an arm and a leg, especially to those companies that are in the start-up stage or are conducting offshore business in Hong Kong.
Benefits of Using Our Registered Office Address Service
Benefits of using 3E Accounting’s Registered Office Address service package above includes:
1) immediate attention to government notices which may have a replying deadline or subject to late filing/ renewal penalties (e.g. tax return, business registration renewal demand note and mandatory survey, etc.);
2) the avoidance of using your residential address as the registered office address as the registered office address will be available for public inspection;
3) displaying of company name and liability status in legible characters;
3E Accounting’s Registered Office Address Service
Our Registered Office Address Service conforms to the definition of “Registered Office Address” as stipulated in the Company Ordinance.
- We provide the Registered Office Address to client who subscribed to our company secretarial services.
- The service includes:
- No setup fees for setting up Virtual Office Address/Registered Address Services account
- Displaying of company name and liability status in legible characters
- Statement of letter is available upon request
- Free Scanning letter services upon request
- Free daily letter/parcel notifications via email
- Self-collection of mail and parcels between Monday – Friday: (9am to 6pm) (no handling fee)
- An registered address for Hong Kong private limited company
- Address for use as a mailing address (on namecards, letterheads, etc.)
- Receipt of normal mails, air mails, parcels (below 3 kg) or registered mails *
- Mail forwarding / Courier arrangement to a local / overseas address on daily / weekly / monthly basis is available (Service fee of HK$10 is applied for each forwarding)
3E Accounting also offers the above services package on provision of Registered Office address and mail-forwarding services to Hong Kong companies which already has a physical office or actual place of business in Hong Kong.
Please see for more details on “How to Get Your Business Registration Certificate For Your Registered Office and Branch Offices in Hong Kong?”