A Complete Guide to Gambia Company Registration
Looking for a guide that provides an overview about what Gambia company registration looks like? You’ve come to the right place. This article offers extensive information from company incorporation experts.
With our comprehensive guide, Gambia company registration can be easier than you think.
Select Your Preferred Business Structure
Before any step can be taken, you must first choose your preferred business structure. The Gambia company registration process requires that you select from one of the following options:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC), which also happens to be the most popular business option because of the limited liability it offers.
- Sole Proprietorship
- Limited Partnership (Partners are limited in their liability based on their business investment. A Limited Partnership is a combination of both General Partnership and Limited Partnership. In a General Partnership, the partners have unlimited liability).
- General Partnership (Partners are required to share equal responsibility and liability for the business)
- Company Limited by Shares
- Public Limited Company
- Branch Office or Subsidiary
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs)
Get Your Business Registered
The Registrar of Companies requires you to register your business with them to operate legally in the country. Preparing for the registration process means you need to get the following documents ready:
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association
The identity documents of the directors and shareholders of the company (including identification documents, names, and addresses)
- A written consent from the director of the company agreeing to their position
- Proof of business address
- Your certificate of incorporation
- Your declaration of compliance
Registering your company can either be done online or in person. The documents will be reviewed by the Registrar to ensure they are complete. Only if everything is in order will you be issued with a Certificate of Incorporation.
Our 3E Accounting team can help you gather and prepare the necessary documents you need. During the registration process, at least one founder or director of the company must be present to verify the authenticity of the documents.
Registering for Taxes
As part of the Gambia company registration process, you must register your business for taxes. Registrations are done at the Gambia Revenue Authority (GRA). You will be issued with a Tax Identification Number (TIN) once this is done. All companies in Gambia are required to comply with the local tax regulations.
Ready to Register? Let Us Help
Are you ready to kickstart your Gambia company registration journey? Then why delay when we’re ready to help? By going through the process systematically, you can have your company setup, registered, and running in no time. For more information on how to register your business and what our incorporation services entail, visit our website today.