5 Productivity Tools for Accountants in Hong Kong: The Ultimate Guide
Being an accountant is an exciting job as it allows you to learn many things throughout your career and build meaningful relationships. However, for a successful career, the productivity tools for accountants will allow them to utilize their time very efficiently. There will be a lot of documents, emails, revisions, and meetings. The rush hour is more pronounced at the end of the fiscal year when you need to prepare for taxes. This is why we have prepared a guide on the best productivity tools for accounts. These include tools from accounting and documentation to communication and organization.
ZipBooks is accounting software that can be considered as one of the most essential productivity tools for accountants. These types of software are used for the purpose of processing transactions, bookkeeping, and managing invoices and inventory. ZipBooks consists of the following features:
ZipBooks has a highly advanced accounting system that supports smart ways to track your transactions and record information accurately. Likewise, it offers easy sharing of information with other professionals who can help your business prosper. Similarly, it provides intelligent feedback on your daily operations to improve your efficiency. It can also track the status of payments and provide insights on who is paying in time and who is causing delays. You can connect ZipBooks with your bank account and upon verification, you can pull in all your information. Furthermore, machine learning and confidence score features can rate your accounting habits and suggest improvements.
ZipBooks has a modern billing structure that helps you keep track of your invoices and customize them according to your needs. It accepts all major credit cards and payments from 22 countries. Likewise, it also accepts digital payments like Square and Paypal. Similarly, it is compatible with multiple currencies and converts all transactions automatically according to your settings. Furthermore, you can work with ZipBooks on your mobile devices too.
ZipBooks is more than just accounting software. It is one of the most intelligent productivity tools for accountants. It can provide personalized recommendations for small businesses based on their advanced learning over millions of data points. The business health score consists of metrics like hygiene and success. The hygiene metric keeps track of the health of your business and advises you on account setup, bookkeeping, and billing. Similarly, the success metric keeps track of repeat customers, timely payments, growth in sales, and recurring revenues.
This feature allows you to efficiently manage your billable expenses. Likewise, you can create and record receipts instantly after a transaction occurs. Similarly, you can categorize your expenses and manage your vendors in an organized way.
Evernote is one of the most widely-used productivity tools for accountants. With Evernote, you can safely store all your important notes, to-do lists, presentations, and documents in the cloud. Likewise, Evernote comes with different pricing plans embedded with different features. They are discussed below:
- Free of cost
- Can sync up to two devices
- Fast notes searching with search and tags
- Rich formatting to your notes
- Web page clipping
- The maximum size of the note is 25 MB
- The monthly upload limit is 60 MB
- 7.99 USD per month
- All the features included in the Basic plan
- Can sync unlimited devices
- Offline access for notes
- PDF annotation
- Text search inside Office docs and PDFs
- Create custom templates
- The maximum note size is 200 MB
- The monthly upload limit is 10 GB
- 14.99 USD per user per month
- All the features included in the Premium plan
- Work collaboratively in shared spaces
- View your team’s activity history
- Centralize account administration
- Team and data access management
- Single-sign-on (SSO) for fast login
- Business data ownership
- 20 GB monthly upload limit plus 2 GB per user
In addition, Evernote has apps integration with the most popular workspace tools such as Google Mail, Salesforce, Google Drive, Slack, and Microsoft Teams.
Google Drive has been one of the most popular productivity tools for accountants and in general, everyone. You can store all your important files and folders in the cloud in a secure way. Likewise, you can access them from anywhere in the world on any device. Similarly, you can link your files to the other workspace tools provided by Google such as Docs, Slides, and Sheets. Multiple users can collaborate on the documents at the same time. Some of the most exciting advantages of using Google Drive are:
- The user interface is intuitive and easy to use. If you are stuck, there are tons of resources to turn into for help.
- You can store Microsoft Office files such as Word documents, Excel sheets, and Powerpoint presentations.
- Likewise, you can convert them for use in Docs, Sheets, and Slides.
- Document sharing is advanced but still very easy to use. You can set user permissions either for view or edit, with a single click.
- Google Workspace applications like Docs, Sheets, and Slides come with a variety of free templates for reports, proposals, spreadsheets, and presentations. You can choose your favourite and start working instantly.
All the users with a personal account will have 15 GB of free storage space. With a Google Workspace account, you can get up to 1 TB of storage space for up to 4 users. Similarly, the users of the Business plan with five or more seats are allowed unlimited storage space.
Slack is one of the most powerful communication tools and it has proved to be one of the most essential productivity tools for accountants. You can use Slack in your browser or download an application. Likewise, with Slack, you do not have to transfer tons of information through emails and Messengers in a haphazard way. The major advantages of using Slack over traditional messaging and workspace tools are:
- It is easier to keep track of messages and files as everything happens on this single platform.
- It allows you to create different channels for different clients and departments. Thus, there is a less likelihood of mismatched emails, and only those who need to see the information will see it.
- You can integrate other apps and bots into Slack which can carry out all the unproductive, tedious tasks upon a single command.
- For important messages in every channel, you can pin them so that nobody has to scroll up searching for it.
- Integration of apps such as Google Calendar will remind you of important pending tasks.
In conclusion, Slack will eliminate the need to use different tools for messaging and file sharing. You can communicate with multiple people, departments, and companies with a single account.
Trello is one of the most important productivity tools for accountants. With Trello, accountants can manage all their relevant information, links, and files in a series of cards. The major features of Trello are:
- Easy collaboration with multiple users to create and manage information for your team.
- Tons of templates to get you started without any hassle.
- Easy to duplicate, edit, and move cards for better visibility
- Assign tasks to the responsible person and add a label to indicate the status of the ongoing task.
- Mobile friendly viewing which means you can use it while out of your computer
- Highly secure with SSL encryption features
- Alerts and notifications about important deadlines
- Checklist features mean you can inspect project progress easily
- And many more
How We Can Help?
From this blog, we have learned the most popular productivity tools for accounts with their purpose, and how you can integrate them into your daily work.
3E Accounting can provide state-of-the-art accounting services to help your company grow faster than your competitors. Our unparalleled expertise and decades of experience allow us to understand the impact of technology on accounting and how it will evolve in the future. We advise you to incorporate modern technology into your workstyle for maximum productivity.
Even though our services are top-quality, they are still very affordable. Moreover, our guaranteed satisfaction is backed by thousands of our customers worldwide.
Contact us at +852 5749 4859 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.