How to Change Your Company Secretary in Hong Kong: the Easy Guide
Company secretaries have become an integral part of the modern corporate structure. They can ease the dealings with the government as well as in international business operations. They understand the working of your company and advise you whether or not your operations comply with the laws of the land.
Before learning how to change your company secretary in Hong Kong, let us understand their duties and how to spot bad signs.
Company Secretary in Hong Kong
In Hong Kong, your company secretary will act on the behalf of your company with the government. A summary of the roles and responsibilities of a company secretary in Hong Kong is given below.
- Assisting you to incorporate a Hong Kong company, maintain the proof of identity, proof of residence, and proof of registered office address as these are required by the government during the incorporation.
- Continuously monitor the laws and regulations and advise you to make necessary adaptations
- Present the annual returns, taxes, fees to the government.
- If there is a transfer or issuance of shares, they will update and maintain all the records.
- Maintain the records of all the directors and shareholders of the company, their responsibilities, new appointments, and resignations.
- If the company has to file for deregistration, they will maintain all required documents. Likewise, they will make sure there are no outstanding debts and liabilities, and issues with the Internal Revenue Department (IRD) and the Company Registry (CR). Furthermore, they advise you on the proper disposal of the company’s assets.
When to Change Your Company Secretary in Hong Kong?
We have seen that a properly functioning company secretary is very important for the performance of your company. You must be able to spot bad signs y as their failures can be counted as your mistakes. First, a bad company secretary is not fully aware of the laws of the country. This can lead you to conduct illegal operations and face severe penalties. Second, they are slow in their operations which can disrupt your deadlines and degrade your growth. Similarly, they don’t understand the working of your company. Thus, they cannot provide necessary advice according to your corporate structure and your operations.
How to Change Your Company Secretary in Hong Kong?
Before you change your company secretary, you must terminate all the liabilities and transactions with the current one. You must fill the ND2A form to state the change of company secretary. The form contains the following fields:
- Company Number and Company Name: Enter your company name and number exactly as stated in your Certificate of Incorporation
- Cessation to Act as Company Secretary/Director: Select ‘Company Secretary’
- Particulars of Company Secretary: There are two options available: Natural Person or a Body Corporate. You must enter their names in English and Chinese. Furthermore, if it is a natural person, you must also enter their Hong Kong identity card number and passport number.
- Details of Cessation: Enter the reason and date of cessation and select ‘No’ on the question about the alternate director.
- Presenter’s Reference: Fill the name, address, telephone number, email address, and reference.
- Capacity: Select Company Secretary.
- Particulars of the to-be appointed company secretary: If it is a natural person, you must include their name in Chinese and English, address, email address, Hong Kong ID number, passport details, and date of appointment. Likewise, for a body corporate, you must enter their name, email address, company number, and date of appointment.
- Select ‘No’ on the alternative director question.
- Sign the form – Sign with your name and tick on the ‘Director’ to state confirmation.
How Can We Help?
From this blog, we have learned how to change a company secretary in Hong Kong. 3E Accounting can provide the best Hong Kong corporate secretary services at a very low cost. We will make all the necessary arrangements to make sure you have a smooth transition from your current secretary to 3E Accounting.
With 3E Accounting, you need not look any further for high-class Hong Kong corporate secretary services.
Contact us at +852 5749 4859 or email at email@example.com if you have any further inquiries.