Feasibility of Hiring a Virtual Secretary in Singapore: a Must-have Guide
For growing businesses and large corporations, hiring a virtual secretary has become a common norm these days. The modern business world is increasingly competitive and continuously growing. Therefore, decision-makers have very little time for carrying out simple mechanical tasks such as answering tons of phone calls and emails.
Furthermore, due to a growing trend in freelance working, it is easier than ever to hire people who would love to work remotely. However, you might want to rethink the costs that come with a virtual secretary.
Hiring a Virtual Secretary: What They Do?
- Answering Calls and Emails: A virtual secretary can carry out daily non-decision-making tasks like answering calls, managing emails, and social media handles
- Bookkeeping Tasks: They can carry out bookkeeping tasks which will remove the burden of keeping track of expenses and revenues and tax. Normally, you can find a lot of freelance secretaries who have decent skills in software such as Excel.
- Information Gathering and Documentation: If you require information from a number of sources but are too busy to research them yourself, your virtual secretary can help you gather and document them. Similarly, a virtual secretary with relevant experience in your field and good communication skills will help you proofread professional documents.
- Managing Appointments: As an executive of a growing company, you might have to knock on a lot of doors. You can assign your secretary to schedule appointments.
- Bookings and Reservations: You might have to travel to a different location in or out of your country for business purposes. Your secretary can make all the necessary arrangements in airlines and hotel bookings as well as help with your preparations.
Hiring a Virtual Secretary: Benefits
- More focus on the important tasks: With your secretary handling all your calls, emails, and appointments, you can use your valuable time to make important decisions. You can learn about the current business climate, spend more time with the advisors, and grow your professional network.
- High return on investment: In this day and age, you can hire a secretary from any part of the world. Hiring from countries in Asia such as India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Philippines, etc costs a fraction of the rates of the US and Europe. And still, there is no compromise in talent.
- Versatility: A secretary will be able to carry out a multitude of tasks that allows you to save money on multiple appointments.
- Flexible payment: You can pay an hourly rate or a contract based rate. You can pay through services like Paypal or cross border bank transfer.
Hiring a Virtual Secretary: Costs
Hiring a virtual secretary might turn out to be costly if you are a small business working on tight money. Use the tips described below before you set out on hiring.
- The nature of the work you assign will determine the costs. Tasks such as email, calls, and reminders management will cost less as they don’t require any special skills. However, tasks such as proofreading, translation, programming, and multimedia may cost higher.
- The location of the secretary will greatly influence costs. If you are hiring someone from the US and Europe, you must pay more in comparison to someone from India and Bangladesh. Most of the time, there are equally talented individuals who will work on low wages. If your business is free from outsourcing restrictions, this is your best bet.
- The experience of the secretary is also a determining factor. If you have to get your task finished quickly because of its urgency, you might want to hire experienced personnel. The lower the time for completion, the higher the costs.
How Can We Help?
From this blog, you have now learned if hiring a virtual secretary is best for your business.
3E Accounting can provide state of the art company secretary services in Hong Kong at a very affordable cost. Let our extremely talented and experienced professionals handle your everyday office works so you can focus on the more important things. Partner with 3E Accounting and experience guaranteed satisfaction that is celebrated by thousands of our customers.
Contact us at +852 5749 4859 or email at email@example.com if you have any further inquiries.