Hong Kong Immigration: What is the Hong Kong Business Visa and How to Apply for It
If you wish to relocate to Hong Kong to run your business, you need a visa. The Hong Kong Entrepreneur Visa falls under the scheme of Entry for Investment. Getting a business visa to Hong Kong isn’t hard at all, you get one if you have a viable business plan and sound finances and skill set to back it up. To help you with that, here are the things you need to know about the Hong Kong Business Visa for Entrepreneurs.
You apply for the scheme known as Entry for Investment if you want to run your business staying in Hong Kong. In simple terms, this is the work visa for business people, and you need to be the owner of a Hong Kong company if you want to apply for this.
Hong Kong Business Visa Requirements
These are the requirements for you to get the visa for entrepreneurs in Hong Kong.
- The age requirement should be at least 18 years old, have a good moral character and should have a clean police record with no criminal background.
- You must have incorporated a business in Hong Kong.
- You must show that you have a viable business plan. This also means you should present that your business creates employment opportunities for the Hong Kong locals. In addition, you will make good use of local products, suppliers, etc. In simple terms, you will need to show that your business will help Hong Kong economy in one way or another.
- You should have an excellent educational background. Let’s say, at least an undergraduate degree in the field of the business you are entering could increase the chance of getting the visa. Anyway, in the absence of such degree, you may need to provide certifications of technical qualification.
- The minimum finances haven’t been specified in the rule and depend on the type of business you are getting into. You need to show that you have more than enough finances to back up the business you are planning to start in Hong Kong. The same goes for your sponsor if a company is sponsoring your business (see below).
There are two ways of entering into the world of Hong Kong commerce with a Hong Kong business visa. One is by financing yourself, and another is by looking for visa sponsorship for Hong Kong foreign entrepreneurs. Here are the documents required for the Hong Kong business visa without a sponsor.
For The Individual
- Complete the Hong Kong Visa Application Form for Entry of Investment for Foreign Investors.
- A copy of the personal particulars page of your passport. And if you are currently residing in Hong Kong, you will also need the stamped copy of your passport page specifying the arrival and extension of stay time.
- A copy of related academic qualification certificates and also work experience in the field.
If you have any, you will also need to show a copy of your Hong Kong identity card.
- Copy of the business registration certificate issued by the Inland Revenue Department, and the business profile of your company.
- A copy of proof of your original residence.
- You will also need to prepare a two-year business plan which includes the business plan, potential, capital investment, information about the business premises and business vehicle. You will also need to specify how your business can help Hong Kong economy in the related field.
These documents are needed along with the ones specified above if you are working with a sponsor.
For the Sponsor
- Complete the Application form. In case the sponsor is a company, it must secure a copy of the certificate of the company incorporation in Hong Kong.
- If the sponsor is an individual and a local, he/she should provide a copy of the Hong Kong identity card.
- If the sponsor is an individual and foreigner, he/she should produce a copy of the personal particulars page of his/her passport.
Remember that these are only the documents you provide initially. The Immigration Authorities reserve might ask more documents in the process of further verification.
Well, you will need to submit your application along with the specified documents to the Hong Kong Immigration Department. The Hong Kong Work visa processing time could take between 2-5 months, but this is only if you have filled the application right. Remember that your application must be perfect along with the documents, and there have been cases of visas getting rejected. So, we strongly advise you to work with a professional firm such as us to help with the visa procedure; this will increase your chances.
Hong Kong Business Visa Features
‘Features’ or maybe that’s what they called, you will be able to bring your family to Hong Kong with the Entry for Investment. This includes your spouse and any children under 18 years of age. You will need to fill a separate form for all your family members. Additionally, you can apply for the permanent residence under this scheme. The visa validity date is subject to constant monitoring. Meanwhile, the visa term will extend as long as your business continues making a profit in Hong Kong.